Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Style Icon--Bloggling Superficiality

I went shopping today and happily I am past looking at only "teacher clothes." I'm secure enough about work/kids to go to school not necessarily dressed "like a teacher"; I want lightweight florals to take the role of pencil skirts in my current day-to-day wear. Part of this is because I will soon be moving away from the warmth of Texas and love the idea of having an expansive stockpile of summer dresses to adapt to the winter weather with leggings and boots and scarves and jackets. (Almost bought a faux-leather jacket today, by the way.)

As I looked past teaching clothes and towards winter clothes, I saw a little further towards the possibility of journalist clothes. The Rolodex of TV Journalists flipped through my head and I was disappointed at the prospect of matching pencil skirts and suit jackets with old lady necklaces.

However, the image of a prominent journalist from my
childhood suddenly appeared in my head, and I had my new style icon: April O'Neil from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Basically, I need a belted yellow jumpsuit and a pair of white leather boots as soon as I get out of graduate school and into the work force.
In all seriousness, a yellow windbreaker with the sleeves rolled up and some skinny jeans would be a hell of look for me. ASAP, at that.

Oh, and I need the white boots for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you want what you really really (or kind of sort of) want