Sunday, June 14, 2009

mangni

I had an Indian engagement party, mangni, on Saturday, making Neema and me officially official, or something. I took off my engagement ring before everyone came and Neema put it back on me when everyone was there. The Iranian part was when candy pieces were thrown at me without warning. They hurt a little but they also tasted delicious. I put a "traditional" Indian hat on Neema. Most of my huge family was there, laughing. It was lovely having the people who grew up in the same home, ate from the same hands, and slept on the same floors as I did, there with me.*






























































*I can't really decide how to puncuate or more clearly write this sentence. Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Gulu! You look absolutely stunning. I had no idea you about you and Neema. Congratulations! You two are a beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you want what you really really (or kind of sort of) want