Friday, May 15, 2009

The Flamingo Cafe


Today, during my after school nap, I received a few texts and phone calls. In my nap-induced dream delirium, I texted and called my friends back. I woke up, disappointed about Wayne not making it to the movies and waiting for Jake to return from the Flamingo Cafe in Progreso, Mexico.
The thing is, I know no Wayne and there is no Flamingo Cafe... yet!!!

When I grow up and by some twist of fate decide to open a restaurant, it is going to be called The Flamingo Cafe. The sign will be neon. The structure will be an open-air tiki hut. True to my Indian roots, I will serve hot tea and spicy snacks through scorching summers. I might also have hot soups and ciabatta bread pizzas. The only cold beverages will be mango lassi, Kool-Aid, cantaloupe granitas, and, during Ramadan, falooda. There might be a fountain that customers can roll their pants up and dip their feet into. The chairs upon which they sit will be of the plastic lawn sort.
There will be a small, cozy inside section to the tiki hut, with books and books and books and books to take outside and read on the hammocks. Wi-fi will, of course, be provided free-of-charge. If somehow I can get a dolphin, there will be a dolphin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you want what you really really (or kind of sort of) want